DIY: 5 Ways to Modernize Your Kitchen– The kitchen is one of the most important rooms in your home. It is where the family comes together to cook, eat and make new memories. If you are looking to sell your home remember that your kitchen is the first room potential buyers will be looking for. Need a new look for this special room? Follow these next few tips on how to get a new, modern look!
- Update Your Countertops– Need a quick and sure fire way to give your kitchen a whole new look? Update the counters! This is a main focal point of your kitchen and any update will give the room an improved feel. Try a dark, granite countertop for a modern look. Not in your budget? Go with a traditional, dark look and you will get the same effect.
- Update Your Appliances– Updating your appliances has the potential to change the feel of your entire kitchen. Large appliance upgrades such as stove tops and refrigerators can add up, so if you are looking to just freshen up the room, try updating your microwave, toaster or coffee maker. If you are fully committed to updating your kitchen, update your refrigerator, range, and dishwasher to either a stainless steel or shiny black. This will be sure to give your new kitchen a sleek, modern feel.
- Update Your Paint Job- A new wall color is essential in giving your kitchen a new look and feel. If you are going for the modern look, try painting your walls in a cool grey color. For a bold look, choose a dark slate grey. For a lighter, less committing look, try a light stone grey. Either shade will give your kitchen a modern feel. If you are not interested in the whole modern thing, try brightening the room with a warm, bright pop of color. This can be done with paint or with new hand towels and kitchenware.
- Update Your Flooring– Commit to your new kitchen and update that old floor! With so many new choices of flooring and tiling this can be a very exciting new update. New flooring can range from colorful linoleum to concrete. A concrete floor will totally give your kitchen a modern feel. Try a dark hardwood for the same effect. There are so many options to choose from. Check out your nearest home improvement store to get started!
- Update Your Lighting– This factor is often overlooked and can really make or break a room. Beautify your new kitchen with a unique and interesting new light fixture. Ever thought about adding a scone or mini chandelier? Well, if that’s not your style, how about adding some under cabinet lighting for a sleek and modern look? Try installing dimming lights to have more control over the amount of light during different times of the day. Any of these updates are sure to impress your guests!
Your kitchen is the gathering place of your home. Whether you are looking to sell your home or just update your living space, consider these tips in your next project. Let us know in the comments below if these tips worked for you!