Things to do in Cleveland: October- Happy October! This is a fun month, full of great family-friendly activities and things to do. Head to the pumpkin patch and carve a pumpkin, pick some apples or plan your Halloween costumes. It’s also the perfect time of year to get out of the house and have fun before the chill of winter sets in. We’ve gathered some of our favorite events going on locally during October below. Check them out and have a great month!
Here are our top events and activities for October:
- Halloweekends at Cedar Point, each weekend in October, Cedar Point: It’s Ohio’s favorite amusement park, spookified! Head to Cedar Point for a special holiday parade, costume contests, shows, trick or treat and more! But be warned: the early hours are family-friendly, while after dark is when the ghouls and ghosts come out. Find out more on the Cedar Point website.
- Cleveland Beer Week, October 10-19, multiple locations: Need an adult outing? Love craft beer? Hire a babysitter and head to the annual Cleveland Beer Week! From special tappings, tastings and dinners to leisure activities and educational programs, there is something for everyone. Learn more or purchase tickets at the Cleveland Beer Week website.
- Boo at the Zoo, October 16-19 & 23-26, Cleveland Metroparks Zoo: Got younger ones who would rather have a treat than a trick? This annual event offers scare-free fun and entertainment. Learn more by visiting the zoo’s website.
- I-X Trick or Treat Street, October 18-19 & 25-26, I-X Center: Make trick or treating a special experience at the I-X Center! You and the kids will have a blast with rides, candy and more. Find more information here.
- Spooky Science, October 31, 12 p.m., The Children’s Museum of Cleveland: Take the kids for an afternoon of ghoulish fun at the museum! Children can wear their Halloween costumes and participate in fun, interactive learning activities. See the museum’s website for more details.
What are you and your family doing during October? Tell us by leaving a comment below!