Autumn is widely regarded as the second best season for selling a home (spring is first), so now is the time to really get serious about listing, marketing, and selling your home. There are a lot of prospective buyers in the market during this time of year, and this will definitely benefit you (if you know how to use the season to your advantage).
Are you ready to sell?
- Make sure you really want to sell your home before you start marketing it
- Now is the time to get serious about selling
Prepare your home for the sale.
- Make updates, upgrades, small renovations, etc.
- Make sure your kitchen and bathroom(s) are looking fantastic
- Landscape around your property-cut the grass, rake up fallen leaves, mulch, water your plants, etc.
- Add flowering plants that do well in a cooler climate, such as mums, to your yard
Interview real estate agents who have experience in selling similar homes in your area. Ask:
- How much they are willing to list your home for and why
- For CMA reports
- What their selling success rate is
- How quickly their homes sell
- What their plans are for marketing your home
- Do they have a list of references to give you?
Read the original article here.